01-17-2008, 02:14 PM
Join Date: Jul 2007
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1. Remove the turbocharger compressor manifold.
2. Remove the fuel filter/water separator assembly.
3. Remove the high-pressure oil pump reservoir plug.
4. Using the Oil Suction Gun, remove the oil from the high-pressure oil pump reservoir.
5. Using the High-Pressure Line Disconnect Tool, remove the hoses from the high-pressure oil pump.
6. Disconnect the electrical connector from the Oil Pressure Regulator.
7. Remove the bolts and the cover from the engine front cover. Position the wiring harness aside.
8. Remove the drive gear bolt and washer from the drive gear.
9. Remove the bolts and the high-pressure oil pump from the engine front cover. Remove and discard the gasket
10. Remove the Oil Pressure Regulator from the oil pump. NOTE: If the high-pressure oil pump is to be replaced, remove the Oil Pressure Regulator from the pump.
Follow the removal procedure in reverse order. CAUTION: Make sure that the drive gear is fully seated on the high-pressure oil pump before installing the bolt and washer. Otherwise, the drive gear may not seat properly, causing binding or slippage resulting in a no oil flow condition. Follow the removal procedure in reverse order.