lose of power - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2008, 07:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
lose of power

After changing my water pump i had the problem occur that is described as the CPS going bad, the jerking and dieing problem. Now i have replaced the fuel filter and have a check engine light and a dramatic loss in power that kicks in around 2000rpm. The light comes on just as the lack of power sets in. then the power lag stays until i turn off the truck and crank it back up. I drove it for 20 miles like this this morning. Quite honestly, it sucked. Does anyone think the CPS could cause these problems also. I haven't had the chance to read the codes yet but wanted to get some opinions before i get off work and head home to roll up my sleeves and dig in to this problem. Any and all opinions are appreciated and welcome. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

read your codes first, that is going to be your best lead. Cps is possible
Old 01-17-2008, 04:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Replaced CPS, no luck. Does a little better but still no luck. I get the check engine light when the engine is under somewhat heavy throttle. Once it comes on, it stays on until i turn the ignition off and crank back up. After that it does fine until i give it heavy throttle. That is the cycle. I'm gonna check the codes today or tomorrow, borrowed a jeep until then. I'll let ya'll know what i find. thanks.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Went to autozone to check codes, no luck. No codes, probably not a compatible scanner. Anyone have anymore suggestions? I been told to check the check valve on the HPOP. Not sure if this is a fix or not. My situation happens during acceleration. Could it be a MAP sensor or exhaust backpressure sensor? Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?
Old 01-18-2008, 06:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Don't think it is the check valve because my understanding is that the check valve holds oil in the hpop pump when the engine is off, doesn't effect the engine when it is running. It's more less an anti-drain back valve. Your right on the scanner, autozone and Advance do not have scanners that can read diesel trucks. Gonna have to get a mech. to read it for you. Might cost a little but better than throwing money away on non needed items.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.