Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

stalling 99 F350

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  cmph99psd 
#1 ·
Hello everyone

I am new to this site and have little mechanical knowledge. I am truely frustrated with my 99 F350 with only 56,000 miles.

To start I took it to the garage the other day because it was acting up. To start they were unable to hook the computer to it because there was a Bullydog performance chip in it so to start I had to buy a new computer.

Now that I have the computer in some of the troubles have seemed to be taken care of but not all of them. When I took the truck in when going down hill if you clicked the OD off the RPM's wouldn't go up. The engine would almost shut off and you couldn't hear it at all. Since the new computer that seems to be better.

However before taking it to the Ford garage the local garage replaced the IPR and the CAM sensor (with the new updated sensor) from the codes given by the hand held unit. Well my truck still bucks occaissionally and when coming to a stop will stall. Sounds like a CAM sensor I know but no codes and it literally replaced 1 month ago (100 miles on it). Any ideas??? I know I am probably missing some details but if anyone has any idea what to do I would appreciate it.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.