injectors missing - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 06:21 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
injectors missing

i've had a problem with my engine for awhile. right when it goes into overdrive at about 45-50 it will chug and shake till about 65-70 and it clears up. i ended up buying autoenginuity and hooked it up to my truck and running the cyl cont test and i've ran it a couple of days now and it has given me different results every couple of days first it was saying cyl 4 and 8 had a problem. than it said just 4. now it says 4 and 5. i just got done running it a couple of min ago and i don't understand what its doing. i pulled up the graphs and look up cyl roation and #4 was at 5.23 #5 was at 2.3 and #8 was at 4.3. the rest of the cyl were at 0 or 1. and the cyl contrabution was saying # 4 and 5 were bad. but #8 was higher than #5 on the rotational.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Cynic

Before I give my opinion.. I need to know the year and mileage.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:01 PM

its a 2000 f350 with 297000 miles
Old 01-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Cynic

Did it pass a buzz test? How does your HPOP pressure look at idle and under load? Have you run a compression check? With that many miles, I'd say injectors are worn out. But that is a guess without knowing more. I've seen strange contrib/balance results from a worn out IPR also.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:52 PM

it passed the buzz test icp at idle around 480. if i rev it up quick and let off it the icp will jump right up to 3000 and thats not at wot. i've haven't done a compression check i bought a kit for doing it but it didn't have the right adapters. i know theres gonna be some wear on the engine looking at the intake turbo wheel it looked like it sucked in the dirt or dust. the engine starts up and doesn't smoke. how do i tell if the ipr is wore out? i know #4 injector is wore out. i just replaced #5 a couple of weeks ago with a reman. i just don't know why the cyl cont keeps saying its different cylinders
Old 01-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Banned

Perhaps loosness in the engine harness where it connects to the valve cover gasket. On the inside or outside.

I had some injectors cutting in and out. I cleaned and worked over the connectors, spreading the metal for better contact. Got it up from five cylinders to eight.

Also with those miles, your injectors orings may be leaking. May be time to rebuild or put in new injectors.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Monkey View Post
Perhaps loosness in the engine harness where it connects to the valve cover gasket. On the inside or outside.

I had some injectors cutting in and out. I cleaned and worked over the connectors, spreading the metal for better contact. Got it up from five cylinders to eight.

Also with those miles, your injectors orings may be leaking. May be time to rebuild or put in new injectors.

Possible, but it passed the electrical buzz test.

Pull your fuel filter. Is it black? If it is, oil is getting in and that usually means o-rings and/or bio problem (oil from injectors in your case).
Old 01-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjurecki View Post
it passed the buzz test icp at idle around 480. if i rev it up quick and let off it the icp will jump right up to 3000 and thats not at wot. i've haven't done a compression check i bought a kit for doing it but it didn't have the right adapters. i know theres gonna be some wear on the engine looking at the intake turbo wheel it looked like it sucked in the dirt or dust. the engine starts up and doesn't smoke. how do i tell if the ipr is wore out? i know #4 injector is wore out. i just replaced #5 a couple of weeks ago with a reman. i just don't know why the cyl cont keeps saying its different cylinders
Your pressure readings are fine and so is your ipr. See above post.

EDIT: The more I think about this, the more I feel that you need to replace the injectors and o-rings. Until you do, you will most likely see continued problems.

Last edited by Dirk; 01-08-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:43 AM

about 3 months ago i replaced an injector on the drivers side #2 so i also took the rest of the injectors out on that side and replaced the orings. on the pasangers side a couple of weeks ago i replaced 5 and 7. they only had 2 orings kits the rest were backordered so i just did those 2. i also replaced the valve cover gasket and valve cover wiring harness on the drivers side. i order another one for the passanger side. i just figured since it kept saying different cyls where bad mabye there was a different problem. i'll take the fuel filter out later tonight when i get home from work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.