Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Stalling? Restarting

2K views 18 replies 4 participants last post by  yzair 
#1 ·
Driving down freeway yesterday and it was like someone had reached over and shut off key and then turned back on almost instantly. No SES light and truck runs fine. This happened like 3 times in 100 miles. It would occur when I would have to take foot off gas to slow down for slower car and then put my foot back on gas pedal, Not kicking it down just resuming original speed around 60 -70 mph and in O/D was not towing anything. 2001 f-350 7.3 super duty

Mods / AIS / severe duty air filter

#6 ·
Could be CPS still, possibly IDM, bad PCM connection or PCM, or even UVCH.

CamshaftPositionSensor
InjectorDriverModule
PowertrainControlModule
UnderValveCoverHarness

#11 ·
Still having same problem with same codes, However the tach needle does not go to zero as I Stated in earlier post.

Today I noticed that when engine shuts off if i leave my foot in the throttle it does not start back up, but when i let off completely and put foot back into throttle it starts back up. Its almost like the engine looses track of throttle position?

When this happens truck doesn't sputter,smoke or make any sound of any kind.
There is suddenly silence and of course no power.

Could this be a TPS issue ? how can I check TPS?

#12 ·
Ive got my problem figured out. My truck does the same thing when my windshield wipers are on lol. Dont know why but it does. My truck will run great but soon as I flip wipers on it throws code and ses light comes on. If I turn them off light will go out and truck runs great agian. Pretty positive its cps.

#13 ·
Problem getting worse, stalling more frequently and longer duration when truck shuts down. No oil leaks, no smoke, runs fine other than shutting off. No SES nothing.

Threw in the towel and took it to Ford waiting to hear what they come up with.

#19 · (Edited)
One last little note Ford has a part update for the pedal assembly so it seems they are aware of a problem.
The new pedal with the TPS is completely different with exception of the foot pedal.

And finally I was looking over the invoice and have no issue with the labor at $ 169.00 but the part I had looked up and direct from Ford I could buy including shipping for 67.98 and Ford charged me $ 164.00 for the same part. WTF

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.