Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

NO BOOST NEED HELP

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  timmyboy76 
#1 ·
just installed a new compresser wheel and all went well no problems what so ever got everything back together truck runs and ideals fine but DONT BUILD any boost what so over! wheel will spin free when spun by hand. ideas?

#2 ·
check all your boots, intercooler and spider boots. i had that problem a couple of times when i got my new turbo on mine. make sure that when you put them back on you take all the oil off them and use new clamps. and don't over tighten the intake plenum boots because the intake plenums are then and a normal hose clamp will collapse it.

#5 ·
+1 for MAP issue. hose or sensor.
when driving, does it sound like a loud leak? or does it just not build boost?

#7 ·
well, i mean if you left a CAC boot undone, you would hear it under load for sure. but if the map hose or sensor were the problem, it wouldn't make any audible indication. it just wouldn't build boost

#8 ·
alright, thought you might have been on to something, with regards to my truck. Ever since i blew up the turbo, with it then rebuilt, i get a harmonic sound from 1200-1900rpm range. Bought another turbo, rebuilt it, and same thing :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.