Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

White/Blue smoke randomly 7.3

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  kaya 
#1 ·
My truck recently started "white" (actually kind of blueish as I was told my spectators) smoking after being stabbed out then let off quickly but it has gotten worse to where its almost anytime I let off the throttle and sometimes even while driving. It smells of burnt oil, I pulled the oil cap and have little blow-by question is; is this a injector and how worried should I be about this problem? It does not smoke at idle nor does it smoke terribly on start up as my old 7.3 did.

2000 7.3 f250 160k

#5 ·
:thumb:

my truck does this but my truck is all white smoke and my turbo has no play in the turbo and i just installed my new exhaust and the old DP was not wet at all

im thinking mine is injeector issues since i got a miss on cold starts and it seems to smoke wen your in a lower gear and just punch it
if you aren't down any coolant, i'd certainly suspect injector(s)

#4 ·
my truck does this but my truck is all white smoke and my turbo has no play in the turbo and i just installed my new exhaust and the old DP was not wet at all

im thinking mine is injeector issues since i got a miss on cold starts and it seems to smoke wen your in a lower gear and just punch it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.