Need Help!!!! No Start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 10:26 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need Help!!!! No Start

I am in SC. We had our first real cold night last week in the 20sC. I went out the next morning. And my 7.3 was turning over slow. But never started. It popped and sputtered a few times but never fired up. I figured it was the POS Autozone batterries. They have given me issues in the past. And had been replaced a few times. They were holding 12.5v. When I was on the starter it dropped to 8.5v. I checked for good grounds. Or any other cable issues. And used jumper cables to isolate the cables all together. No issues found. So instead of replacing em again. I got me 2 new Interstate 65 series. It turned over slow still. But with a grinding noises. I slipped under the truck. And found that my starter was prying itself apart again. About 5 years ago the bolt on the starter motor broke. And it has done it again. So I got me new starter. And its spinning over fast as hell. But still no start. I apparently have a multi level problem here. I went to check the fuel bowl for fuel. And when I loosened the lid it sprayed out. So I obviously have good fuel pressure. I had a spare cam sensor. So I threw that in. And still no start. I pulled the ICP. It was kinda wet looking. But I didn't clean it off. And it still didn't start. Something is keeping it from firing the injectors. I am at a loss now. Where should I look next? I did the UCVH replacement several months ago. So that should be good. Also I plugged it in for the first time in its life(SC/FL truck) to see if was the GPs. Its back near 70s again now. Whats odd is that it happened on the coldest day of the year. Or just Murphy's law? It started great with no issues. Its like it was weather related. It literally broke in my driveway. I lost the pages(206-212) to my fuses/relay in the manual. Is there a relay or fuse I need to check?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2013, 11:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
First - You have to post the Yr/Mdl of your truck (they're Not all the same)

Next, do you get a WTS light when you first roll-on the key?

Also, go get a copy of the OM -> https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenan...ls/default.asp
Old 02-28-2013, 12:19 PM

Sorry its a 01 f250 SD

Whats a WTS light? wait to start? If so yes I get the little heater element symbol. It goes off after 15-20 seconds or so.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:45 PM

Thanks for that link. I also have a problem with my low beam DS. I just saw that there is a fuse for that.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:42 PM

when cranking, does the oil pressure gauge rise?
you're going to need to get a scanner on it. one capable of reading manufacturer specific codes, and viewing parameters
Old 03-01-2013, 03:25 AM

Were is good place to get a AE? And what is a fair price? What model/version would be good for the 7.3? There are a few on Ebay I was looking at.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:33 AM

about, the best price out there...

Riffraff Diesel: AutoEnginuity Total Ford Enhanced Bundle

What weight oil you run'n? If not synthetic, i say replace it, with syn. Leave the truck alone for an additional 30-45sec AFTER the WTS light goes out. The gpr is still functioning, even though the WTS is off..(look into the gpr led mod).
Old 03-01-2013, 11:32 AM

I checked this morning and I am getting oil pressure per the gauge. I had one odd issue a while back with a oil circuit plug working loose in the head. Which left me dead on the road. I could hear a gurgle in the DS head from the oil pushing out. I will check for that when I get home. I hope thats it.

Last edited by jonnywilliams; 03-01-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:43 PM

Unfortunately no gurgle. I checked the oil level in the HPOP. And it looks about 3/4inch or so from the top. What is under the front DS fender-vacumn pump? Its making a lot of noise.

I should add this truck has 240k miles on it. And is a auto.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:58 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Is it the ABS module you're hearing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.