Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Total loss of power while running..

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Macon 
#1 ·
It happens mostly when I come to a stop at red light. When I go to accelarate it has no power. I have to smash the pedal to get it to respond then afterwards it operates as normal. From reading around I guess its possible I need to replace the TPS module. If anybody else has any suggestions as to what else it could be please let me know.I've taking it to several different shops, with no avail. They never test drive the truck after their "diagnostics". Cant afford to much more downtime with my truck sitting in the shop.

2003 7.3l

#3 ·
If you think it's the TPS, try removing it and cleaning it out with some contact cleaner. I haven't had the issue, but there's a post on here somewhere about it. #25 torx bit to remove it if memory serves right. I have the adjustable pedals and it's different than the write-up, so I can't verify any of that. But, the cat that did it has been running something like 30K miles without an issue. His new replacement is still in his glovebox waiting for the factory unit to actually fail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.