Fuel filter blowing out - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 08:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel filter blowing out

Ok, this is getting old. I replaced the fuel filter on my '99 F250 diesel truck a few months ago. All was well until I did that. I've had this truck for over 10 years and have never had the kind of trouble we are having now. Since I replaced that filter, we have gone through 4 new filters trying to solve a- not just leaking- but blowing out fuel filter. Had to have it towed again yesterday. It was towed back to the garage (Christian Brothers) that it was "fixed" at last time (about 3 weeks ago). They said that the fuel pressure regulator had a loose screw in it that was not allowing the regulator to work properly. I didn't know if they were FOS but it was running properly so I just paid the 175.00 and accepted it. Well, we were out yesterday and started up the truck and it did it again. Here's how it goes: Start up truck at home. Drive it to wherever we are going. Shut down truck. Be at where we are for about 20 minutes. Start truck again- Fuel Sprays All Over Inside Of Engine Compartment. Any ideas? I'm convinced it has something to do with a plugged fuel return line. Is that possible? Does this truck have one? I'm hoping someone can help me here as Christian Brothers does not seem to know what they are doing in regard to this truck. Thanks!!!
Edit/Delete Message
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2013, 01:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yes..has a return line, and FOS. If that screw was loose, you'd have a leak at startup. Its the line thats connected to the FPR. I think your experiencing WAYtoo much f/p..(fuel pressure). The FPR..(fuel pressure regulator)is scored,so its hanging up inside itself, causing the high psi. Have them or YOU, remove the FPR and examine the plunger. Also you can "lightly" with compressed air, shoot it thru the return line...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.