Help...Melted injector???? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 09:21 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help...Melted injector????

I think I melted an injector....I was driving about 60 on the road and I sarted to smell antifreeze. I pulled over and There was a loud knock in the motor and my exhaust was puffing out white and black smoke. Suprisingly no codes, my check engine light didn't turn on. My diesel tech said it's possibly a melted injector because of the check engine light not coming on. Please help with any info if possible. Thanks in advance guys. -TJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2007, 01:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

sounds like a bad injector to me.. do you know what side it was?? do you have or a friend have a diagnostic tool to run buzz test??
Old 01-01-2008, 09:11 AM

Its on the drivers side and no I'm on vaction in boca grande,FL. but thats what I figured Thanks for your help man.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

hehe..didnt know you wanted to fix it..you got to find the bad one first..when you do..
Loosen plug on back of head to drain fuel. Remove intercooler tube and valve cover. Unplug injector and remove oil deflector on top side 8mm bolt. Remove 8mm bolt on lower side. pry up on injector to remove. Oil will drain into cylinder. I use a vacuum evac sys to suction the oil out. You can stuff a rag in and absorb as much as possible. Crank engine with ratchet at least two revs and absorb as much as possible. Unplug UVC harness both sides and remove fuel pump fuse. Crank engine with starter to blow out the rest. Bump the starter slowly at first so you don't hydrolic a cylinder. Oil o-rings and install injector. Bump it with the palm of your hand to seat it. Tighten injector to 10 ft lbs. Remove oil drain plug in cylinder head. There are two in each head, under valve cover between injectors. Should be 1/8 in allen. Tighten fuel drain plug. Fill hpop with clean oil. crank engine till oil is pumped out this plug. Reasemble as removed. the engine will crank for a while untill the hpop builds pressure and will run rough for a while.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:59 PM

thanks alot man.. I'll give it a try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.