2000 F250 problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2000 F250 problems

Hi, hopefully someone can help me. I have had my truck for about 2 months and have had problems. My fuel mileage is crap. It started out about 13 mpg and has since fallen to about 8-10. I have replaced glowplug relay and new seals in fuel filter drain valve and also fuel filter. Now my truck will unexpectedly start vibrating down the road out of the blue and turn to a more severe shake that I can feel in the steering wheel. It drives straight when doing this and the tranny will still down shift if I want it to. The dealer that I bought it from showed me $1600 in reciepts for front end work, brakes and tires, and most of the time it drives great. The weird thing is when it starts to shake, when it stops a mile or so later, its like I get a sudden surge of power. One thing that I have noticed is that my truck sometimes doesnt feel as if it coasts like it should. Its like it has something holding it back, almost like a vehicle feels like when the front end is locked in or a person is driving with their brakes on.. My truck is a 2000 F250 4x4 with about 140,000 miles. Engine wise it seems like it runs as it should. I have had it hooked up to a scanner and their is no codes. Any help is appreciated. Its my first diesel and so far its not going so well!! Thanks, Jayme
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2007, 12:31 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i just fixed the same problem on my 2000 250, the dealer said it was the idm but, if you'll just take your valve covers off, there's a wire harness under them, sqeeze the conectors back together tightly and it should solve that problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.