hmmm minor problem or??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2007, 08:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ~CrazyDiesel~ Send a message via MSN to ~CrazyDiesel~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~CrazyDiesel~
hmmm minor problem or???

howdy,

It got down to 19 degrees here last week, and well, the ole stroker ace, she crackled to life and blew the usual nice puff o white smoke. Well, I went in the house to get coffee etc and i am sitting on the computer farting around waiting for the truck to warm up, and I notice that the ebpv has not closed, and neither has the truck idled up. I have noticed lately that when the truck is started cold it comes off of the starter slowly ( 1 second, and it doesn't go RAWK it just comes up to idle) and the engine idles more like it's warm (it sounds like a normal running warmed psd. instead of sounding like an IDI when it's first started. OK so question time.

The water pump went out SUNDAY (the 11th) of the SSS (had i gone I would have gotten stuck on the side of the road) We replaced the water pump and I put some rtv around the coolant temp sensor's threads just to make sure it didn't leaks (original sensor, but the temp gauge works fine) The ebp sensor was removed and brake cleaner blasted down the tube, other than that, no sensors were touched (although I did remove/mess with the IAT (it's back in) in the air box back in july when I installed the TC lock up)

The truck otherwise runs fine, maybe a tad bit weaker than normal and the idle when hot lopes ever slightly about once every 3 seconds (the idle goes up about 50 rpm and the sound of the injectors changes to a lighter clackle (like icp is lowering in the 6.0 (original quiet idle flash) when you let off the pedal, but it's not as drastic)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2007, 08:24 AM
KVFD

Send a message via MSN to redstroker_2002
bump 4 a tech!!!
Old 12-24-2007, 08:27 AM
KVFD

Send a message via MSN to redstroker_2002
hey just looked at ur photobucket and i noticed ur brakes!!! before u changed them did they make a pop noise when u got on the brakes? mine does that noise and i dont know what it is.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to ~CrazyDiesel~ Send a message via MSN to ~CrazyDiesel~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~CrazyDiesel~
actually.... they are now making a pop after i did the brakes, but only when it gets above 60 degrees.

annd I had another nice suprise, I now have a flat tire (why me)
Old 12-26-2007, 04:33 PM

bumpity bump
Old 12-26-2007, 06:29 PM
Electrical Ogre

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I wonder if there is an issue with the EOT (engine oil temp) sensor. Any codes? From what I have read, the PCM uses the EOT signal to determine whether or not to use the EBPV and cold warm-up strategy, and to advance/retard injection timing.

Found this, may help in diagnosis:
EOT: Engine Oil Temperature sensor

Strategy input; PCM uses this for determining glow plug on time, EPR actuation, idle speed,
fuel delivery and injection timing and adjusts as temperature increases; 5.0 volts in, 4.37
volts@32F, 1.37volts@176F, .96volts@205F.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:49 PM

The truck is in the shop for other issues right now, but the shop[ is not a diesel shop. So, when we get it back from this one, we'll let it burn for a week or two to make sure the current issues are fixed, and then we'll send it off to the ole' dealership.

One thing is... last year the ebpv was squeeking a little when it would work hissssssssss... press throttle hhhiiSSSSSSS sqeeeekkk.
Oh well, it'll get fixed eventually.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:23 AM

Well, the EOT was reading about 130 degrees (estimated) when it was about 30 degrees actual. Replaced the EOT, and the starting issue is more or less fixed. But, the EBPV still is not working, at all. I can move the actuator somewhat easily, so it's not frozen up. Maybe my EBPS is clogged with soot?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.