HPOP need Tweaked? Momentary 1 second die after burnout... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2006, 02:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HPOP need Tweaked? Momentary 1 second die after burnout...

Hello from Oz, Ranger here... One of the horses in my stable of 90 or so Fords running of our Bushtracker Owners, 2002 7.3 Auto CC 4x4, SuperChips Level 1 Tuned, has a minor nuisance problem... When in Romp and Stomp mode teaching (Hoon a lesson that there are bigger hoons), from an idle at a light, in the big tyre burn after getting though the intersection the engine dies for about one second. Then everything is fine...

Is this lack of fuel? Taking a second to get back up to pressure? HPOP need tweaking up a little? How?

Or is this maybe an engine "Over rev shut down" some kind of safety thing on the engine main brain electronics? What do you think?

Mind you I am just guessing, some Ford Techie Expert Guru like Marc, probably knows just what this is, and my thinking of fuel starve or over rev limits might be off track..

Regards from the little southern island, Australia...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2006, 02:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

My quess,to high EGT Temps ,or to high boost computer will defuel till safe.
Check for codes your IDM might be weak that would also cause this issue.
Keep in mind that you have checked the obvious like fuel filter,air filter.all are relative.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:09 PM

Thank you Harald,
EGT is not likely, reported on first fire up after warm up idle, too instantaneous for EGT shutdown I would think... And too high of boost? On a stock turbo? Can you get that?

Forgive my blond moment, but what is the IDM ? I know you are going to tell me and I will think "yea I knew that"... But anyway, what do you do about it?

Regards and Thanks....
Old 08-22-2006, 04:23 PM
Banned

if i was you, i would stick that new cam sensor you got in it and try it. If it doesnt fix it, just keep the one you take out for your spare.......there is a possibility of that being hte problem....

The only other think i can think of to try would be checking fuel pressure manually while making it do it......
Old 08-22-2006, 04:30 PM
Power Strokeaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Ranger View Post
what is the IDM ?

injector driver module
Old 08-22-2006, 04:46 PM

Well, Thank you Marc and Harald...

The CPS is an easy one Marc, why not, as you say. I guess the fuel pressures would take some exotic equipment?

The IDM, Harald, how would you troubleshoot that one? It is the fuel starve issue.... IDM cheap? Is it a common failure type thing to bother buying a replacement.. I would get the change out done the CPS first per Marc.. Then...? I don't trust the Dealers here, not because they are not trustworthy, just probably know about as much as myself with lack of experience.. Ha!

Thanks, some of my people running Fords are not on the Net, or in remote areas where it is not available. I am a common hub for information.. And have the mutual interest.. So you will hear from me now and then as I tackle the learning curve on the engine electronics managment.. Thanks again.

Lone Ranger in Oz...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.