Another Rough Idle ? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Another Rough Idle ?

I've been experiencing major rough idle problems lately. However, it only seems to happen after I've been running her pretty hard. Just taking it easy she idles very smoothly, but the second I slow to an idle after mashing the G pedal it idles like its got a huge cam in it. The first things that come to my mind are the 10K mod and my clutch. I haven't had time to dig into it deeper and check things like my UVC harness and batteries/alternator yet. Does it sound like I'm on the right track? Thanks for the help guys!

I just realized I posted this in the Wrong Section, it should be in the OBS section. Sorry about that.

Last edited by benderado; 12-20-2007 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Posted in wrong section
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2007, 12:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to PwrStrokinDually
I would find someone with Auto Enginuity or that has access to the Ford NGS Scant Tool and run some tests such as a cylinder contribution and another KOER test...sorry, it's not coming to mind right now. That would help see if anything major, such as injectors, were failing or something else. Then if everything tested ok I would check your ICP while you're driving to see if your HPOP is keeping up or not. Just curious but when was the last time you changed your oil?
Old 12-20-2007, 01:14 PM

About 2 months ago I had a member of the Colorado Powerstroke Club scan my truck and the only code it came up with was an EBPV code. Ran an injector buzz test and cyclinder contribution test and both checked out. I actually just changed the oil yesterday. I use Rotella T 15W-40 Fram tough guard oil filters and change it religiously every 3K. I was feeling this rough idle before I changed the oil too.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:50 PM

Well I figured it out, it was the 10K. I took it off, ran the truck around till it was hot and then put the pedal down. When I got back home it idled just fine. Now I'm wondering why the 10K would make it idle like crap after WOT and not idle like crap when I'm driving like normal. I don't think this has anything to do with it, but my UVC on the left bank were a tad loose as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.