Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

IPR Valve R&R

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  RopinandRidin 
#1 ·
So, onto my next task for my truck... I ordered an OEM IPR valve to put on my truck do to its rough running and dying on me lately, and I can't find anywhere, how to remove and replace it. Is it a job that I could do with just sockets and basic tools, in the parking lot?

I would really appreciate any and all help. I live alone in the barracks on base, and am limited to tools, I can't go making a special "IPR valve socket wrench" thing. I have a good sized basic toolbox with all the metric and standard allen wrenches and sockets. If anyone could help me out with this, I'd be very grateful. I think after I change this and get an oil change, I'll finally have my truck to where it's dependable and can become my daily.

Thank you, guys!

#3 ·
Do a google search for ipr removal. There's a write up somewhere. Pretty easy to do. Just messy. You don't need to make a tool just need a big deep well socket. I don't recall the size right now. The ratchet won't go all the way into the socket keep in mind.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#7 ·
I just looked it up and 1 and 1/8 inch equals 28.6 mm, so they're pretty close to the same size. According to the link I have posted, people have used both of 'em successfully.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.