Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

low mileage 7.3 motor, misfire, no power

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ande6009 
#1 ·
Okay let me start off my saying i'm pretty mechanically inclined and I can do most of the work on my 7.3 and know a good deal about them. I have a 2000 F350 7.3 4x4 with about 137k miles on it, my motor should be running fine, but its not. and it hasn't for awhile now. It started about a year ago I got a faint misfire and now it runs horrible and misses all the time and performance has been greatly affected. I had a code for #8 injector and replaced it however it did nothing to fix it. I thought it may have some issues with the CPS and have put a couple of those in and it made it better for awhile but now it is worse. At cruising highway speeds the truck used to be fine and wouldn't miss only on low acceleration and maintaining lower speeds. Now it will skip and jerk and loose power at higher speeds and sputter like it wants to die. I have no active codes btw. Then I had a problem where every time it rained my truck would run like **** and die mid driving. I figured out (most likely) it has nothing to do with the rain but the windshield wipers kill the motor most likely due to a bad wiper motor, however i heard some places that the wipers mess with the CPS or something.I have replaced my computer and that did nothing either. The previous owner must have loved banks ( i hate banks) because this truck is loaded with banks crap, I have a banks six gun tuner and a big hoss module. When i bought the truck it used to be extremely fast and would throw you back in your seat and smoke out the road but now it produces 0 black smoke and its quite slow and sounds like its straining a lot just getting up to high way speeds. I dont know if i need to get all new injectors but I am hoping its something else so i dont spend 2k in parts and my whole saturday putting those damn things in. does anyone have any ideas or experiences with 7.3's misfiring and running like ****. I also have a banks quick turbo ram air intake and big head actuator but only putting out max 20psi of boost and im sure it should have more than that. any help is appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
fuel pressure? only suggesting this because you said it no longer smokes when you get on it and said it "sputters" and hard to get up to speed. might not be getting the right amount of fuel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.