Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

hard start

747 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  mack82 
#1 ·
i have a 99 7.3 in a f450 the SES light has been coming on and truck acts like it goes into limp mode sounds like its only running on half the motor the SES light has been coming on and going right back off in a couple of seconds but now it is on all the time the truck is very hard to start i had to put the battery charger and plug in the block heater to start it was 50 degrees outside i have put a new cam sensor its light grey i have put a new ICP sensor the old one was oil soaked i havent replaced the plug yet it was oil soaked also i cleaned it with electrical cleaner about 5 months ago i relaced valve cover gaskets UVCH installed new glow plugs and a relay used all motorcraft parts and i replaced 2 injectors from swamps diesel i have auto enginuity and here are the codes that i have got on DTC's P1280 ICP sensor circuit low, P0603 Internal control module keep alive memory, P1316 IDM codes detected on the cylinder contibution test i got P0266 Cyl. 2 contribution fault, P0272 cyl.4 contibution fault. P0284 cyl. 8 contribution fault. it seems like it always shows up number 8on the test . the buzz test was ok. my ICP readings are 480 @ 650 rpm and 1300 @ 2000 i had engine warm when i checked the readings I havent had the AE very long any tips there would be appreciated also

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.