Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Bogs down and whole truck shakes near 30 when accelerating

5K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  kp2108 7.3 
#1 · (Edited)
my truck just started bogging down when i give it full to half throttle. During the bogging the whole truck vibrates. I can drive it a normal by steadily giving it gas but it will not pick up speed at half throttle once i reach 30mph or 2000 rpm. Also i noticed when i let go of the throttle i can hear air blowing back out of the air filter like a blowoff valve, which we dont have. The truck idles good and can rev it above 2000rpm with no problem parked. Anyone have any input? I recently did the ccv mod without the canister, just dumping in towards my rear. Can that be the problem? Also my truck has been parked since OCT and ran normal then, Just started back up yesterday and noticed the problem. Oil is clean and not low.

#4 ·
it could. disconnecting it would make the pcm run the engine off of calculated parameters. you can try that.
but start by checking for codes with a device capable of reading manufacturer specific codes
could even be a bad cmp sensor among many other possibilities

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.