Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Truck killing issues, need help.

994 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  RES86 
#1 ·
Posted this elsewhere, but here it is for all on this site:

2001 F350 4x4 7.3L, 223K miles

I have researched this issue for about three months now and have yet to find the fix. So here is the issue in a nutshell:

Truck will kill every single time I drive thru one particular intersection. In addition, it has done the same thing in about a half dozen other places. One time it actually would sit and run for me while I wiggled wires and such. I was able to restart it every time but most of the time it sounded like it was firing on one bank. I was able to unplug the ICP sensor and everything would work. This sensor was replaced three days prior to the issue starting. I have since replaced the the IPR and CPS as well. Had it plugged in while it happened and no codes were ever thrown.

There is more to the story, ask any questions you need and I should be able to answer. This is all very intermittent, three times a day to 500 miles apart. Please help, I have seen very similar issues on many forums and never did any of them come to a resolution. Some have even sold their trucks, I can not afford to be rid of this truck.

See less See more
#5 ·
just throwing it out there but what about the valve cover harnesses? i've read similar posts to yours and people suggesting the valve cover harnesses being loose or something along those lines...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.