Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Another 99.5 No strart

628 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Wantadieseltruck 
#1 ·
Well when I parked the truck it was low on gas but not in "E" However i do believe that my fuel gauge doesnt read that accuratly under 1/4 tank.

Anyways I went to start it the next day and it wouldnt start. It did crank but wouldnt run. It was 20 degrees that day and I didnt plug it up so i figured it was weather related. I went and got some fuel anyway just incase (about 4 gallons) I put the fuel in it. the batts were low so I jumped the batteries with my jumpbox and my car. One on each battery.. So this got the truck started but it ran really crappy... Just like when its very low on fuel.. No power and knock knock kinda idle.

I let it run for a few minutes but the noise and sluggishness didnt go away so i shut it off.. When I started it back up it ran bad for a minute or so and shut off. Now it wont stay running at all.. With the batteries jumped it cranks strong but no start.

I tested the batteries and they were in the 12.6 range.. I checked the GPR and both sides read similar with key in on position. Fuses look good. The tach moves as the engine cranks. I opened the fuel bowl and fuel was there.

I bought new batteries and changed the fuel filter and still no start. Fuses are good.

I checked the fuel pump last night for voltage and it was not getting any. Should the pump get 12v when the key is in the on pos?

I even ran straight power to it and it didnt seem to work..

I searched and found plenty of posts but alot of them had no solution like the op just gave up...

Any suggestions?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.