Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Ice in feul lines?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Rodslinger 
#1 · (Edited)
Ice in fuel lines?

Hello, I am new to this site but can tell there is much knowledge here. I have an f-350 2000 model. have not had a problem with it until picking up a bunch of water of which i delt with right away. the water light however will come on once a week so i dump it from the bowl. now that the temperature has dropped to 15 degrees i think the last of the water that might be in the tank is frozen in the lines. The truck runs exellent until the engine begins to starve for fuel. I know she is thirsty due to looking into the fuel bowl without the filter in to see how much is getting there when the key is turned on. It takes several attemps (keying) to get the bowl full. It used to take one. Matter of fact i could leave the truck running dump water if needed and there was not even a skip. Well I am going to take her to a nice warm shop hoping to thaw lines and to hope that the fuel additive will seperate as it is supposed to. I put that in last night hoping that if it got in the line it would work itself out. Any comments would be appreciated

#3 ·
Iso-heet man, good luck!

#4 ·
Iso-heet man, good luck!

And welcome to the site too!

#5 ·
Ice is gone

Well it worked. I took the beast to the shop, paint room to be specific, and cranked the heat up to 120 deg plus a huge diesle fired blower with 2ft thick by 15ft long under the truck. We had ourselves a cup of coffee then fired it up. she ran good so I set the computer for 1800 rpm and let it run for 20 min. I am happy to say that we hit the nail right squarely this time. hope someone can use this some time down the road.

#6 ·
Where you live at there skeeter? I'm guessing it 'aint south Texas. :D
Oh and like James said - Welcome to the site!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.