Loud injector noise help!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 06:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Loud injector noise help!!!

So I installed stage 2 injectors and ever since my engine has been extremely loud. Air has to be all out been few months. Injectors are really noisy and sometimes sound normal and sometimes loud again. Was thinking weak hpop or maybe because I am running bully dog chip instead of custom tune. Any input would be nice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 11:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Loud injector noise help!!!

Are they signal shot if so, STOP RUNING IT! You need a custom tune with them, why the hell would u run caned tunes meant for stock injectors,

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-26-2013, 01:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Re: Loud injector noise help!!!

If you have to drive it, it will be OK. When I bought and installed mine, I didn't have tunes right away. Matt at FullForce and Kenny at KT PERFORMANCE said it would be OK but it will run kinda rough. That being said, you really do need to get custom tunes to run them properly and your engine will will be much happier.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 01-26-2013, 05:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

See I'm new to diesels an just being doing stuff myself and off what I read. I read something about having to get a custom tune and bd diesel who is where I bought them from told me I didn't need to get a custom tune. Obviously they just wanted the sale or something. I'm going to upgrade my turbo and send out for a custom tune. I'm located in kitchener ontario. Anyone know any good local diesel performance places to get stuff or am I better ordering online
Old 01-26-2013, 01:00 PM

Well remember running a spit shot tune with signal shots your timing is going to be off, injecting to full load of fuel before the piston is close to tdc, putting more stress on your rods and crank, and losing power and fuel economy.

Get the tunes from the same place you got the injectors. So that way it can use the full capacity of the injectors.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well I'm running a 2000 7.3l and I got stage 2 remanufactured injectors. The part # is ADPRS2. Are those injectors split shot or single shot because I asked bd diesel before I bought them if I had to get a custom tune and they said no so I'm confused. Do I have split shot Injectors or do I have single shot injectors?
Old 01-26-2013, 01:52 PM

Well if they were split shot all you would get is a lopy idle but once you gave it throttle it would clear up.
AD are out of a spit shot truck but that dosnt mean that they are, normally when injectors are built they switch them to signal cuz you get more power with them. N

Last edited by 700xxmaniac; 01-26-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.