miss feeling..AE help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
miss feeling..AE help

truck is a 01 with 110k miles. i have a miss feeling at idle. i notice the truck has a pulsing vibration feeling.. if you look close enough the rpm move up and down very slightly. i have a new icp and recently got all new stock injectors replaced with reman stock injectors.. it didn't fix the problem.. i just got my ae in and it threw some codes. i ran the cylinder contribution test and got p0284 cylinder 8 injector circuit contribution/ balance fault.. could that cause the miss feeling at idle.. it also said code p1280-icp circut low and p0472 exhaust pressure sensor low. what do these mean? thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 02:51 PM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yes, that means that cylinder 8 is not working properly and would definitely cause the "miss" that you are feeling. You might want to check your UnderValveCoverHarness (UVCH) wiring harness for any chaffing especially around cylinder 8. Also, clean your back pressure sensor. The ICP circuit low could be a chafed wire or a weak HPOP. Get the other items checked out and go from there.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:11 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You have to be careful though,,, with the introduction of the Grey CPS, it's now not unusual for #8 & #3 to be falsely labeled as failing the CCT.

Black, Grey, & Dark Blue Cam Position Sensor Perdels Test - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

Could the 1280 be from the previous ICP? Did you just change it? If not, clear codes, monitor the ICP and IPR%. You might also want to do a Buzz Test and listen for #8 to be different than the others.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:28 PM

hey sorry i will add some back story..i took it to ford and they said bad icp so they replaced it and the wiring and i think the under valve harness on the #8 side( i will check that to make sure) the problem still was happening.. then i took it to a guy and replaced all injectors still happening.. ii got the AE in today.. is there any way i could look at the icp % and the duty cycle and will that tell me anything? i kinda messed around with it earlier and got 470 psi icp and 10.5% duty cycle at idle.. i don't know what that means
Old 01-18-2013, 03:30 PM

#8 sounded good.. i will go out and clear everything out and they try it and see if i get anything again. i cleaned the back pressure sensor but not the tube. i will clean that tonight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.