02 F350 coolant overflowing after injector cups replaced - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 10:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
02 F350 coolant overflowing after injector cups replaced

Hello everyone, I'm a new member first post.

So one day I got home from a trip and noticed coolant spilling on the floor after checking the reservoir I saw some diesel in the coolant, I did some research and found that's due a leaking injector cup or two. So I went to the local parts store and got a new set of injector cups and replaced them all. When I pulled the first injector cup the coolant was still pressurized and some leaked into the cylinder. I pulled the glow pack cranked the motor a few times to clear it out and the rest of the job went smoothly. So now I have a new problem.

When I start the truck the coolant is instantly over pressurizing and blowing out the reservoir and will overheat if it stays on, if I pull off the purge hose (I think that's what is called) from the res. bottle the coolant goes down and so does the temperature but so does a steady stream of exhaust out the hose. I don't know what happened? Could it be a cup didn't seat right? Or the oil cooler happen to fail at the same time? I don't think the head gasket could have magically just blown. I never had any over heating problems before, also there isn't any oil in the coolant nor coolant I the oil. I'm totally confused???? Could anyone help?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

any ideas would help guys, I'm at a total loss right now
Old 01-09-2013, 05:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My guess would be a cup didn't seat right.Maybe twisted a lil in the head?Did you seal the cups well?
Old 01-11-2013, 06:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I pulled the valves off and took a look at them that seem ok. when I put them in I put locktite on the top and bottom. you think of that weren't sealed or would cause just exhaust in the coolant?
Old 01-11-2013, 07:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

theirs a very good possibility that a cup didnot seal right my suggeestion would be to pullall your glow plugs and look at them theirs a possibility that its sucking coolant in aswell it will resemble a steam cleaned look just compare them should get you in the right direction rather than pulling them all again let us know what you find
Old 01-11-2013, 08:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok i took a better look at the injector cups and pressured up the coolant, and it all started flowing out from them...looks like they didnt seat right the first time. so I'm going to get a new set of cups and try the job again. do you have any tips to get them in properly so I don't have this problem again??
Old 01-13-2013, 05:46 PM

Use a wire brush on a drill to CLEAN the seat points in the head.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
coolant, coolant antifreeze, over heating, over pressure

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.