help please 2000 f350 7.3 dies for no reson when start - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
help please 2000 f350 7.3 dies for no reson when start

ok not great at this bear with me i love this place has helped many times.
my truck needs new injectors and glow plugs i know and trying to get to shop for help from family of auto workers 1111 miles away. 490,000 miles on truck all from me love this truck very few issues everything factory but water pump one every three years like clock work one recal which started on firewhile i was driving and was not recall yet high presure oil pump and regular breaks shocks ect most miles pulling a load ok theres history.

started after water pump went out and ford replaced and did injector clean
my mistake to many miles for frist clean use lucas since i puchased truck new should never have let ford doit i know
as soon as i got it out of shop started having hard starts figured it would make it month until home for x mass didnt happen have done batterys battery cables , worked fine after warm then hard and harder it started quickly if warm fire right up leave for a few days took a good two hours with recharging batters still ran like dream while warm
then right before trip just lost power while driving as soon as was not exalerating threw into nuteral at lights or down hill still lost it few times but made it back.

tryed starting her few times but gave up for week while i am trying again
replaced fuel filter drained checked if any extra yuck no was clean. replaced CPS WOW thought it worked fired right up let sit warm up died tryed again warm up die no sputtering just die if i try after warm up right away fires and dies

please help
cant afford anything but parts at cost and jacob helping and showing me how to do the few leaking gaskets injectors and glow plugs so need to make drive i know she will make it cps was big improvment so have a feeling something simple

sorry about spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 06:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Try swapping power relays. Driver's side behind air box. IIRC, #2 relay is the IDM. Similar symptoms at hard start.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

going to go try ty
Old 01-10-2013, 12:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

no didnt work
Old 02-20-2013, 07:56 PM
Premium Member

Looks to me like the Admins need to move this thread.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.