Error code p1211 and p1249 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 08:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Error code p1211 and p1249

I just purchased a used 2000 Ford 350 7.3L DRW to pull my 5th Wheel RV. It's got low miles (63K) and the gentlemen that I purchased it from really took extremely great care of it. He put in the Banks Power package as well (Exhaust Brake, Chip, Exhaust, etc.) and used the truck to pull his RV.

I just took the truck and RV out on the first trip this past weekend down to San Diego (just an hour away). On the way back, I was going down a hill on the freeway and after reaching the bottom of the hill, I started coming up a big hill and really had to get on the gas pedal going up the incline. As soon the gear dropped from 4th to 3rd gear, the RPM jumped up (to about 2700 RPM) and immediately the "Check Engine Light" came on. There was no noticeable difference in performance when this occurred. When I got home, I checked the error messages and I got error codes p1211 and p1249. After doing a little research on these forums, it seems to happen to others.

Is this something I should worry about? As I mentioned, I just got the truck and want to make sure I'm not overloading the truck and/or damaging it. I'll get the message cleared out, but am just wondering from others that have this truck if this is something I should be concerned about. I just changed the oil on the truck and I know it's not low (which other postings have mentioned as a potential problem). Would love to hear back from the community on this on how best to handle this.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 04:23 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

i would return the pcm to stock formation. just to be sure it was the chip. if determined that it is the case, either run the stock pcm, look into other tunes, or run a greater volume of oil through the hpo system, through either a single aftermarket pump, or tandem unit
Old 12-18-2012, 06:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaya@bernhausen View Post
i would return the pcm to stock formation. just to be sure it was the chip. if determined that it is the case, either run the stock pcm, look into other tunes, or run a greater volume of oil through the hpo system, through either a single aftermarket pump, or tandem unit
Thanks so much for your response. I'm completely new to Diesel engines (this is my first one), so would something like this be a good idea?

Adrenaline HPOP's - DSA-ADR - Fits 96-2003 7.3L Ford Powerstrokes - Higher Volum

I'm looking for a HPOP system, right? From reading the link I just pasted, it appears that it helps increase towing abilities which is what I use the truck for: towing my 5th wheel RV.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

yes. you want a higher output hpop to move the oil demanded by the injectors to keep up with the tune.
TBH, i am not extremely familiar with aftermarket pumps, so i cannot give an opinion on that particular unit. check the consumer reports and reviews. but yes, that is what you want
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
p1211, p1249

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.