Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Cant take it anymore.

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  kendallcschm 
#1 ·
i was on my way to sell my truck to a dude that had cash ready to buy! thirty minutes before im supposed to be there, i get in and try to start the truck, wouldnt you know it. it doesnt. the wait to start light doesnt come on. it cranks and cranks, no fire. i even did the unthinkable and sprayed starter fluid in there, nothing. check my fuses under the hood, they were all fine. i replaced all the 30 amp fuses and nothing. im at a point man where im about to burn it and go live in the mountains like an animal. cant deal with bull**** like this anymore. yesterday we drive 2 hours to denver to meet a contractor who supposedly has a 20000 dollar check for us to start on his building, doesnt show. no call nothing. its rent time, im a single dad, and christmas is coming quick. any ideas before i do something insane? :dis:

#2 ·
and thats not the half of it.

bid after bid after bid after bid we go look spend time auditing his building then when we give a quote (just enough profits where we dont go out of business) they say ok we'll call you. then never hear from them. its been weeks and weeks of this. were professionals its frustrating, now my truck wont start.

#5 ·
replace your glow plug relay

I wish you luck bro.... remember it can always be worse. you could have gangrene on your lil smokey :eek:hnoes:

#7 ·
sounds like a similar problem I had on my truck... you would put the key in the ignition all the dash would come on go to turn the key and nothing.... no click hiss whine nothing... come to find out all that needed to be replaced was the starter... not sure what year your truck is but this link may help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGFCIZqUNbs

Actually not sure now just re read the post and saw that your truck was cranking

#9 ·
if the wait to start lamp does not come on, there is likely a lack of power to the pcm. check the pcm power relay fuse. 20amp maxi. fuse 24. if it blows again, the likely suspect is the fuel heater. disconnect the fuel heater element connector at the fuel bowl. if the fuse is good, try swapping the pcm power relay with another relay that won't disable the truck. horn relay should be good.
here's the fuse panel diagram for you.
sorry, can't help with your other problems
fuse box diagram - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

#10 ·
update

kicking my own *** as we speak.......i assumed that the PCM would get power from the dist. box under hood. so when i said all fuses were good, i hadnt checked the indash fuses, 30 was bad. hours of frustration wasted. thanks for input guys. but on another note, in the midst of all the frustration i dropped a wrench while i was jumping the GPR and it fell perfectly to spark on my fuel line and put a hole in it. I guess that could have killed me, in retrospect. Thanks for not killing me God. appreciate it, and will watch my temper from now on...:eek:wned:

is there any way to "fix" the steel fuel line without replacing it?

#11 ·
kicking my own *** as we speak.......i assumed that the PCM would get power from the dist. box under hood. so when i said all fuses were good, i hadnt checked the indash fuses, 30 was bad. hours of frustration wasted. thanks for input guys. but on another note, in the midst of all the frustration i dropped a wrench while i was jumping the GPR and it fell perfectly to spark on my fuel line and put a hole in it. I guess that could have killed me, in retrospect. Thanks for not killing me God. appreciate it, and will watch my temper from now on...:eek:wned:

is there any way to "fix" the steel fuel line without replacing it?
duck tape :tard: ? until you can replace it ? never heard of fixing steel lines

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.