Hesitation and Stall on acceleration - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 02:12 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hesitation and Stall on acceleration

Hey guys, hope you could help me out here. been a member here for a while and get a lot of good information from here and thank you in advance for your input......
so recently i changed the IPR. I went to a machine shop and had a deep socket machined for twenty bucks instead of the 100+ dollar tool ford wants you to buy. hehehehe
a few weeks after i installed it, i started noticing a problem. when im sitting at a dead stop and i try to take off even a little bit harder then "lighter than a feather" the truck will die. to top it off ill try to restart it and it will turn over fine and dandy but i hear a fast electronic click coming from the dash and it wont start.......ill turn the key all they way off and turn it back and it wont click and it WILL start. i should also mention that it ONLY dies on those slightly hard takeoffs and runs and accelerates very normally otherwise......strange. a "20 year" diesel mechanic said it was something maybe with the injectors. ive been looking all over this forum and others and theres not much i could find except "look at your IPR nut"......any ideas guys? oil pressure issue? fuel? CRAP. its thanksgiving tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 11:08 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hello? anyone??? nobody ever answers my posts. do we not know what this is ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.