random stalling, 1999 VAN 7.3L - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 09:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
random stalling, 1999 VAN 7.3L

for the past 2 or 3 weeks this cube van dose random stalling, today it stalled as I was at a red light sitting still, it started right back up, then it stalled again when I came to a stop waiting to turn onto another street, again started up no problem, this time the service engine light came on... when I parked the van and started it back up in my parking lot the service engine light was gone and never seen it since, took it for a good drive and it never stalled at all was running like it was a brand new van...

this is the 1st time I ever seen the service engine light but its off now dunno why but it just is, I thought I would have to rest the computer to turn that light off but it seems to have turned off on its own from just doing a restart...

but I do get random stalling every now and then ... its really hard to know when its going to happen... could be 1 time 1 day or even 2 times... then never again for a week....

I have been told to change the CPS and ICP sensor's but I have no clue if that's going to fix my problem or not... I would like everyone's input please... I don't even know where to find the sensors..

I had a emissions test done about 2 months ago the result was 1.3 the limit was 30.0, the guy that ran the test told me that the test basically says my 7.3L engine is running as good as it was the day it came off the line and told me from his experience that the engine sounded mint.

When I leave the truck sitting over night it never has a problem starting and dose start very fast, there is no smoke coming from the muffler, just a small clear very faint white look for about 5 seconds, its just moisture I'm sure.. after that its very clear/clean looking.

its a cube van 1999 e450 7.3L powerstroke with 268,000km I will add a photo to show what it looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
random stalling, 1999 VAN 7.3L-van.jpg  

Last edited by lndn; 11-16-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Stalling Problem

I would say check your PCM pwoer relay or it could be a faulty ignition switch but intermittent things like this are very hard to track down you might also try swapping the PCM power relay with your blower relay and check all your connections to your fuse box as a start.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:10 PM

ford did a recall on crank sensors. i think if i remember right the crank sensor had something to do with stalling. the updated sensor is a different color than the old ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.