Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Replaced all injectors, glow plugs and valve cover gaskets and truck runs real rough/

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  vanstone1916 
#1 ·
I had my injectors tested after running a tank of water thru my 99 7.3. Was told I needed 4 but decided to change all 8. After getting the motor back together it ran fine. Took it for a test drive lost all power and truck will barely idle. No idea what's going on! Help please

#2 ·
I had the same thing happen to me after i changed my glowplugs out. At first it ran fine but it soon started running ruff had a buzz test done and it ended up being a injector not working on the drivers side took it back apart and where the wiring plugs into the valve gasket was partically unplugged plugged it back in and used small zip ties on each side to keep it from doing it again problem solved.

#4 ·
I put a small zip tie on each side went from one of the little posts on the gasket itself and then through the wiring connector from what i remember. just to keep it from sliding apart again I think they actually make a shim or something that you can put in to make it snap tight together to keep it from sliding apart too.

#7 ·
Yeah I tried everything I could to get the tank drained then I took it to a diesel shop and they said I still had water in the tank. They cleaned out the whole fuel system and told me I had bad injectors. Is there a sock in the fuel tank that might be restricting fuel?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.