HAS ANYONE SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS?!?..(pics included for your viewing pleasure) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 12:58 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HAS ANYONE SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS?!?..(pics included for your viewing pleasure)

It all started this morning. I was heading to work when I heard a slight "BOOM" followed by a sound that I will not even attempt to describe in efforts to not give anyone here potential nightmares The very first thing I thought was "Well sh*t"... then instantly followed by "That sounds like a nasty exhaust leak!" I honestly dismissed that thought cause I knew an exhaust would be too easy to diagnose considering every issue with this truck has been fixing all the retarded riggings of the goofball kid who had it before me....ALL OF WHICH WERE LONG AND DRAWN OUT DIAG ISSUES.

Luckily, I was only 2-3 miles from home so I went back to the house and apprehended the wifes Jeep. As hard as it was, I just parked it and went to work knowing that once the diagnosis process had started I would not make it to work on time.

Now for the good stuff which is pretty self explanitory...I started investigating when I got home and within 20 minutes I found that the exhaust pipe had indeed come off. I was relieved. This will be easy to fix and wont cost anything!! I felt for a brief second that in a twisted way I got lucky!

I was wrong.

HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN THIS HAPPEN?!? If so, what might your theory be in answering the simple question..

HOW IN THE F*#KING HELL DID THAT HAPPEN?!?

As you can see, the exhaust pipe has completely been cut off from the lip that mates to the exhaust port on the turbo. I couldnt get a good shot of the existing pipe behind the turbo, but you get the point.

Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
HAS ANYONE SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS?!?..(pics included for your viewing pleasure)-2012-10-15_02-51-18_923.jpg   HAS ANYONE SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS?!?..(pics included for your viewing pleasure)-2012-10-15_02-51-54_738.jpg   HAS ANYONE SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS?!?..(pics included for your viewing pleasure)-2012-10-15_02-54-09_525.jpg   HAS ANYONE SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS?!?..(pics included for your viewing pleasure)-2012-10-15_02-54-45_925.jpg   HAS ANYONE SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS?!?..(pics included for your viewing pleasure)-2012-10-15_02-55-14_723.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2012, 05:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

cool..(in a ****ty way). Man, only thing i can think of, is that it was a shiatty arse weld job ,to begin with, OR your EGT's are/have been, get'n extremely hot to the point of weakening the weld.

You have gauges?
Old 10-15-2012, 05:49 AM

yeah i figured the same thing with the weld deal but it was just one of those things you never really expect to be an issue by just breaking in half lol.

i do have gauges. i had thought that egt's may be the issue at first, but i figured for as hot as they would have to be to do damage to the pipe they would have messed up much bigger more costly things way before this issue but who knows its the weirdist thing. i pamper this thing lol oh well...i figured it would give the powerstrokers on here something to laugh at on a monday morning!
Old 10-15-2012, 07:05 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Doesn't look like heat Or a bad weld to me...

I'd wonder if there could be a broken motor mount, coupled with a too ridged exhaust mounts maybe, just "snapped" it there? Open the hood, have your wife put it in Reverse with the brake on, and see if the motor doesn't lift.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:52 AM
Premium Member

Yes. That will check the right mount. Then do the same in low and check the left mount.
ps; Don't stand in front or behind the truck.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:39 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hehehe... YEA, of course try it in Drive too... Because I back my truck up first thing in the morning, I just pictured it happening to me in Reverse

Good Catch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.