Passenger bank not working - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-26-2012, 09:13 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Passenger bank not working

Update. Solved!
#7 injector had electrical fault that was causing other 3 on passenger bank not to work.
All 4 injectors on each side use a common ground wiring.
When I unplugged #7, --- #5, #3, #1 starting working.
Replaced #7 injector, check engine light is gone, runs great.


Late 99 7.3 F350 Auto
Passenger side bank not working. Engine barely running, temp gun says drivers side hitting, passenger side not (base on exhaust manifold temp).
Diagnostic codes shows only injector #7 hi/low open.
Balance test shows 1, 3, 5, 7 inbalance.
From outside valve cover, injector ohms all between 2.8 - 3.4
I disconnected #7 injector and ohmed wires from injector to outside VC connector, showed wires good.
Inside valve cover shows connnector still connected (quarter mod was already performed).
Any ideas what else can impact this one bank?

Last edited by angcobra; 11-12-2012 at 06:47 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 09-26-2012, 09:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,820
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i'd removethe cover and recheck everything..connector, harness to each injector/gp's. Also, inspect the connector plugs for burned pin/s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 09-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Super Moderator

 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orangevale, CA
Posts: 11,736
Thanks: 18
Thanked 116 Times in 110 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Could be the UVCH (Under Valve Cover Harness) - My driver's sdie on went out last summer - Boy what rough drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 09-29-2012, 11:01 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
had someone tell me to try changing the valve cover gasket, he said it can break down in the middle, giving correct ohm readings but not carry enough current for injectors.
Ordered valve cover gasket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 10-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by angcobra View Post
had someone tell me to try changing the valve cover gasket, he said it can break down in the middle, giving correct ohm readings but not carry enough current for injectors.
Ordered valve cover gasket.
Replaced gasket, no help.
I ohmed the under cover harness, all wires .5 ohms.

Anybody???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 10-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCrutyPS View Post
Could be the UVCH (Under Valve Cover Harness) - My driver's sdie on went out last summer - Boy what rough drive.
What was bad about the harness, could you detect it with ohm meter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 10-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Orangevale, CA
Posts: 11,736
Thanks: 18
Thanked 116 Times in 110 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Initially, I didn't know what was wrong. I knew it had something to do with driver's side. While driving (very slow going) my EGT gauge read 100* - I took it to my local diesel shop. They diagnosed the problem. It's been running like a champ ever since!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by angcobra View Post
Late 99 7.3 F350 Auto
Passenger side bank not working. Engine barely running, temp gun says drivers side hitting, passenger side not (base on exhaust manifold temp).
Diagnostic codes shows only injector #7 hi/low open.
Balance test shows 1, 3, 5, 7 inbalance.
From outside valve cover, injector ohms all between 2.8 - 3.4
I disconnected #7 injector and ohmed wires from injector to outside VC connector, showed wires good.
Inside valve cover shows connnector still connected (quarter mod was already performed).
Any ideas what else can impact this one bank?
We got a 2001 f350 doing the same thing. Have you got yours fixed yet. I put new vavle cover gasket. idm,icp,ipr,all checked or replace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 10-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb0876 View Post
We got a 2001 f350 doing the same thing. Have you got yours fixed yet. I put new vavle cover gasket. idm,icp,ipr,all checked or replace.
Have not been able to figure it out, still sitting, hoping for internet help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 11-12-2012, 06:46 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Solved!
#7 injector had electrical fault that was causing other 3 on passenger bank not to work.
All 4 injectors on each side use a common ground wiring.
When I unplugged #7, --- #5, #3, #1 starting working.
Replaced #7 injector, check engine light is gone, runs great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors