Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: Feb 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel bowl leaking .... again, time to MOD
Hey Guy, a couple of years ago my Fuel bowl where the fuel filter is located on top the engine was leaking.... I spent a lot of money getting it fixed with another by mechanic before i started learning a lot about modifications of these truck. Man did that suck, i could have done the mod then had i known.
Anyways. It is leaking again so now i am looking into doing the Fuel mod that removes the fuel bowl. I read a while about a modification to the fuel system that would replace the fuel bowl. Not sure if it is the Hutch and Harpoon mod if something different. I know i can probably do some searches on this site but at the moment i dont have a lot of time and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. here are a few questions i have regarding the mod.
1. Will the hutch and harpoon mod replace the fuel bowl or is there another
2. is this mod very complicated or is it easy to install? i am pretty mechanically inclined, but i dont know diesels that well
3. is there ia general ball park cost to this mod?
4. does the Fuel system mode REQUIRE a Fuel Pressure gauge? or only recommended?
5. If there are many different Fuel modifications that can be done, which is the best or most recommended?
Truck is in sig. '02 F250 2WD 7.3L - I do plan on keeping this truck for a long time and i do plan on performing other mods like the PHP chip, new larger injectors, new larger turbo, etc. So based on this what is recommended?
thanks for any info you have to offer
2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L XLT Crew Cab 2WD
6637 DIY Air Intake
ISSPRO Gauges on Tripple A-Pillar Pod
Fabtech 6" Suspension Lift
18"x9" XD Rockstars W/35"x12.5" Toyo Open Country
Amp Research Powered Steps
Replaced Batteries, Starter and Waterpump
Zerex EC-1 Coolant
Sprayed Herculiner to Front Grill and Bumper
------ Other Mods coming soon -------
Phoenix PHP 6 Position Chip
4" Exhaust System
Larger Injectors - Either Stage1 160s or Hybrids
Hutch n' harpoon Mod