Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

e99 f550 problem.....

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Old school stroker 
#1 ·
ok the truck is an e99 f550 7.3 auto 4x4

Had a fun day with it today, first OD light started blinking, and spedo droped and fluttered, something kicked up off the road and pulled the wires off the rear..

next on my home trip @17140 lbs climbing a 10% grade truck was in 3rd gear pulling hard 40-45mph ish and all the sudden it starts missing bad no smoke at all like it was hitting a fuel cut, (ses light comes on) slow down drop to 2nd and ease up the hill. at one point i held WOT no accelration then boom felt like it was shot out of a cannon ses light goes out accelrates like it should then ses comes back on and im back to a crawl. pull off shut down check over everthing i could all seems fine restart no ses light truck runs ok not the best but ok get home and unloaded run the scanner

buzz test passed
but have a code for
p0275 #5 cyl
p0237 boost cir low
p01249 waste gate perf
p0236 boost psi sens

noticed the wire harness on passanger side of the block looks like someone was stepping on it or twisting it around after i ran the tests took it for a ride got about 1/2 mi out started again thistime ses light on but it acted like it was starved for fuel again no smoke out the exaust. stopped shut down wiggled the pass side wire harness started back up ran better no ses light.

normal blow by for a 7.3 cranks longer than my other e99 to fire. cant find to much history on the truck but it does have a new turbo and from the looks of it they didnt set the waste gate properly.

please feel free to chime in kinda scratching my head? thank you!

See less See more
#2 ·
OD light blinking is trans issue.
I would bet the UVCH is chaffing or has a bad connection. I'd replace both and possibly the pigtails too.
You've found your issue by yourself. Why scratch your head?

#5 ·
OK figure this out.....!!!! Pulled pass side valve cover harness clips and connectors look in good shape. #1 cylinder and #7. Look like replacement injectors. Start truck all injectors are spitting oil disconnect #5 no change in idle just no oil coming out so for "fun" disconnect #3 big change in idle so now I'm thinking dead #5 cylinder. So for lack if a compression tester (at the moment ill have one in the am) I swapped #5 and #3 injectors the one in #5 had more carbon deposits cleaned bolth really well and reinstalled. Fired up truck. Idles smoothly kill #5 cylinder idle drops then kill #3 idle drops can't figure it out could a piece of grit or something blocked the fuel passage? I am going to reassemble latter and take it for a ride and see how it runs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.