Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Leaky manifolds!!!

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  INFRNL 
#1 ·
2003 7.3 the manifolds are rotted reall bad!! both are going to need to be replaced as well as the turbo "Y" pipe and the full ehaust system right to the back of the muffler.

These manifolds look like they could be a real pain to get the bolts off. I think it will be a torch off for sure. Is there an upgraded aftermarket manifold?

Also what should i put on for a new "Y" pipe?

#6 ·
International up pipes are better quality pipes to the turbo, so they don't leak like what your having problems with. Also, a 4" turbo back exhaust wouldnt hurt to get. Your already going to replace half the exhaust, just upgraded while you have the time.

#7 ·
riffraff sells everything you need or you can shop around for the best prices. exhaust manifolds are not exactly cheap though. I think Tousley has the lowest price and they are a good $200 ea if im not mistaken.

IH up-pipes will be approx $450 and can be found from various vendors. They have a bellowed section to allow for movement and staying leak free.

exhaust system, get mbrp or diamond eye. unless you want to stay stock and get an aftermarket muffler. Might as well get a 4" because it will cost about the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.