injector cup - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
injector cup

Hello Everyone,
Last trip to Portland Or. my 2000 f-250 had some trouble. Just before coming home my truck idled weird and did want to run with any load on it after sitting off for an hour or so. Rap it up and let it run for a few mins would run fine until the next stop. About third time of doing this saw a little smoke (sunset couldn't see what color) from exhaust. First i figured leaking injector and cylinder filling with fuel. Made it home that night 210 miles. Pulling a trailer didn't seem right on the trip home. Next day Started truck and wouldn't idle. Man A LOT of white smoke. Finally got it to stay running for a min. or two to see if the smoke would clear up. Nope, looked in antifreeze degas and it has diesel fuel in it. Did some searching online and my best diagnosis is cracked injector cups.

My question: Could it be a head gasket or worse a cracked head. What sucks is I just replaced the water pump and did a coolant flush and new cat ec-1 coolant. Literally 500 miles ago. :-((( Truck has 277,000 miles. Also since i have the injectors out how do I know if i need to put new ones in or not. Can I reuse the old valve cover gasket? Will a coolant filter clean the diesel out of the coolant. Can anybody tell me the biggest difference between the scanguage 2 and the scanguage e? Its throwing a service engine soon light. Hate it I can't tell what the code is. Can I retrieve the code manually? Riffraff diesel can do a check of the injectors for $255.00. Is he reputable/honest and not going to try to just sell me stuff I don't necessarily need. If he approves of the ones I send him will the last another 100,000 miles? If I choose to to buy new ones does anybody sell them around the same amount as rebuilt. Which is better reman or new? Also there is a slight whine (not a turbo whine but a screech) noise that matches rpms sometimes. Only happens probably happens once every two weeks. Any ideas?

I know that's a lot and I really do need help (so my wife says). Bought the truck used from a one owner 6 months ago and just running into problems now. Can't afford to throw good money after bad.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.