7.3 2001 Excursion Oil leak - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 10:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation 7.3 2001 Excursion Oil leak

I have an 01 Excursion and I'm fairly new to the diesel scene. Just some info on the truck; it has a TS performance 6 gun switch, custom CAI, 4' straight pipe, Banks down pipe and waste gait eliminator, 4:56 gears, Custom drive shaft, CCV vent mod, to name a few. The problem I'm having is that initially the shop I took it to stated that the leak came from the O rings on the pedestal. So those where replaced and still leaking. Then found out it was the EBV arm on the pedestal, so replaced the whole unit and all brand new rings all around. Still leaking but not as much. The other issue is the previous owner also has a tube like the one for the CCV vent mod coming out of the oil fill cap as well, which also has a little oil weeping out. The tech said he never saw that before. Have you guys ever seen this? Also would it hurt anything by putting a regular cover back on it? Im losing my mind over this. It has good power and drives well but the leak drives me nuts. Im also wondering if there is to much pressure in the crank case due the tune being to high maybe?? Again just looking for HELP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2012, 11:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
pics of the cover?
Old 07-18-2012, 01:52 AM

A tune shouldn't be able to put pressure into the crank case. The cap would just be another case vent. Maybe the po thought it was a good idea to have a vent for each valve cover? I don't see any reason you couldn't put a regular cap back on.

We need more to go on as to where the leak is coming from. Clean it off with some simple green an run it for a few days and try to see if it's coming from the front or back. Mine leaks from the hpop lines at the head. Been meaning to fix it but it's fishing season

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 07-18-2012, 07:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

7.3 leak

When I took it to the shop we cleaned out the valley at the top of the motor and fount that the leak was coming from the arm out of the pedestal even after replacing the whole assembly. Also if you guys know of any good tuners and diesel performance shops in San Diego It would be most helpful.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:06 AM

Then I'd do the pedestal mod or get a blank pedestal. You really don't need an ebpv in so cal.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 07-18-2012, 09:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

7.3 leak

Okay where do i go to find the info and parts needed to mod the pedestal so that i can seal that up? Also there is some blow by coming from the the oil cap vent and crank case vent which i know in these trucks is normal; i just wanted to add that to the equation as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
7.3 diesel, ccv, excursion, oil leak, turbo pedestal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.