Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Unidentified component making funny noise

9K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  NoRalPh 
#1 ·
2000 7.3L - Noticing a very noticable rapid pop-pop-pop-pop-pop (at least 3 per second) from this... sensor...? with the ignition key on, engine off. Using AllDataDiy, I was not able to figure out what this is (the one with the green connector on it, on an induction tube, one of the plastic lines goes to the turbo.) Is the sound I'm getting normal?
Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
the wastegate has a red vacuum line that goes directly to the pump/solenoid we are talking about. there is also a green vacuum line that comes off this solenoid that goes to the intake just after the filter, so maybe this solenoid is a valve that regulates vacuum coming off the intake?

#12 ·
i ran into that problem today on my 02 as well. mine is a sort of ticking sound some times rapid sometimes not. it seems to do it more when i first turn the key or use the blinkers im not sure if this is the same thing or not but sounds like the same symptoms

#14 ·
There's two common things with an '02 you want to look at if you get clicking under the dash (as opposed to under the hood)

First is the 4-Way flasher switch. Because of where it's located it collects all kinds of crud in it that actually effect the electrical contact. If this is your problem, you'll find that clicking Goes Away when you turn the turn signals ON.

Next is, you can have failing Fuseable Link problems that are feeding the fusebox. There is a connector where the transition from B+ to the links is in a small covered box (marked High Voltage for some reason) close to the airbox on top of the fenderwell. This will lower the current carrying capacity of the system, drop voltage and cause relays to "buzz". You'll find it green & corroded there....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.