Really getting confused - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 11:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Really getting confused

OK, I have found a lot of good ideas on this site, it is very very informative. However, that being said, I am really getting confused.
I have had my 2000 f-250 for about six years now, and have only had to put a power steering hose, tires, and change the oil, until now.
My fuel pump was making a loud noise for better than six months now, but still running fine, "ain't broke, don't fix it", until now. I had an issue while pulling my camper, after taking the advice of someone on here, I blew air back into the tank, my bowl fills alot faster now and my pump is quiet. Therefore I have determined the pickup must have been restricted for some time, this makes me nervous, that I may have damaged injectors.
I am now wanting to take the advice I had on here and want to put the two filter system on my truck. If anyone has any part numbers of filter heads from NAPA that would be greatly appreciated.
My two main questions are, is the stock pump good enough for the two filter system and do I still leave the filter in the bowl?
I have read a ton of posts on here and other sites, and they are all just running together now.
The last thing is any ideas on any reasonable priced upgrades for my truck. It is a 2000 with 230,000+ miles, right now it is bone stock. I just bought a new camper, so this truck needs to last me for a while, but I didn't know about doing stuff to a truck with that many miles. Just want to get the best possible performance and reliability out of it.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You can leave the bowl, do two filters and the stock fuel pump, but that's overkill.
I'd drop the tank and see if there was some issue in there that was "fixed" when you pressurized it.
For you, a DIY intake and free flowing exhaust is a great thing. For towing, a valve body in an auto trans is good along with an external filter and bigger cooler, like that one that comes on 6.0s.
For fuel, an FRx would be good as well. Makes sure the injectors have ample fuel pressure all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.