Help please early 99 white smoke, miss, no bottom end power - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 10:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help please early 99 white smoke, miss, no bottom end power

hey i have a early 99 f350 cclb 4x4. diablosport 60hp towchip, straight pipe exhaust, rest all stock. recently it had broke a pushrod on the front cylinder on the passenger side. replaced all 16 pushrods, 8 glowplugs, and all the injector o-rings. truck had a slight miss before, and still has a miss. has the gray cps in it. well went to start it this morning and it smoked out the whole block with heavy white smoke and a miss. popped the hood and noticed white smoke coming from what appears to be where the head meets the block on the front passenger side. no fuel in coolant. no coolant in oil. popped the oil cap off while running and no smoke coming from oil cap. just the front of the motor on passenger side where the head and block meet. im thinking headgasked is gone there. i need some help and input as i have to have this truck fixed by the 4th.
thank you for your time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Are you sure it is coming from that small crack between the two?

There is a small pipe that runs up that way with the ebps on it and if it cracks or leaks, it can cause the white smoke to come from that area.

Does the smoke go away once warmed up?
Old 05-23-2012, 11:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

not really. its there alot more when its cold but its stil there alittle when warm. when driving itll white smoke at some certain rpms and load conditions but when u go over like 60% throttle the smoke goes from white to black. the truck does have 243000 miles on it and it hasnt been taken care of too well, and has the piss drove out of it. i do believe it has an injector or two goin or gone but i dont know anybody with a ae to do a buzz test and contibution test. if anybody can help me with this im in the rockymount, nc area. about 45 minutes from raliegh and 45 minutes from greenville, nc right off of interstate 95. i just need some help
Old 05-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Well the grey cps could be causing the mis at idle.

White smoke is unburned diesel or burning coolant.
black smoke is rich on fuel or a lack of air.

The chip might make the black smoke. The white, if its fuel, could be caused by a lack of heat in the combustion chamber. That can be rings, valves, injector seal, or gp's.

Gp's would be unlikely because of your climate. The rest would have to be verified with a compression test and leak down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.