Join Date: May 2012
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking for some help. After driving 2 V-8 Explorers 200k each I got my my head on straight and bought a PSD. I am now having an issue with it. I have read the forums and found similar issues yet different.
1. 2001 Excursion 7.3 Turbo 208k
2. Runs great when outside air is below 50 degrees
3. Above 50 degrees it starts to buck/surge at times even die above 1800-2000 rpm.
4. This can be remedied at times by shutting off the motor and re-starting it.
5. Runs fine if you give it wide open throttle.
I am new to PSD so I am learning all the parts that go to this motor. I am not new to wrench's and hard work. Any assistance or a direction to head would be appreciated. I have changed the fuel, oil, and air filters. I have replaced the temperature sensor on the front of the motor due to it not working.
Thanks for any help.