Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: Feb 2012
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yes...Another i cannot get the engine to fire post..
I bought this truck not running so been doing a crap load of reading and working through the system. Truck hit a cow but stayed running...they drive it on the tow truck and had it delivered to their house. never started again and bought it after this. Truck has been sitting since November for the most part. So here is what i have done
1. bought 2 1000amp/850cca batteries and installed
2. Bought and installed 8 new Bosch glow plugs and verified ohms proper
3. Bought and installed new fuel filter and cap gasket
4. Pulled every fuse and relay and tested with ohm meter all good
5. Tested glow plug relay and seems to be working fine
6. Checked oil in HPOP res and was about one inch from top
7. had an alarm installed but pulled it to eliminate that possible issue
8. have drained the fuel bowl and watch it re-pressurize
9. white smoke coming out tailpipe on crank was observed
10. did check the fuel cut off switch in the pass kick panel and no problem
11. I have the block heater plugged in to see if it starts to test another idea
12. I have the grey cps and while cranking you can see the tach needle coming up and down
13. took off the fuel filter cap and watched while turning over the key...fuel is flowing into the fuel bowl
I have verified the build date and on the driver valve cover it states Jan 6, 1999.
So i am open to any ideas on what to test for next
Last edited by hotairgypsy; 04-19-2012 at 05:43 PM.