p1272 ever a false code? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 03:22 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
p1272 ever a false code?

i just installed reman stage one single shots from full force diesel. have about 6000 miles on them and just was playing around with my scanner and did a injector buzz test. I was totally shocked when it came back a p1272 cylinder 2 high to low side open. I have since ohmed out the injector and have 2.8 ohms across that injector and all others. Do you think this is a false code?

I know the next step is to move the injector and see if the code follows but thats a lot of work if i dont have to do it! thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

that code is saying there's an open somewhere in the circuit. it could be a cut wire, bad connection, ect. i'd check the injector/glow plug harness to make sure your wires are good from the connector to the injector. and then check the connector (valve cover gasket) itself. if you get more then 5ohms then you have an open. i actually have the same code now but my open is somewhere from the idm to the main harness connector. good luck.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:54 PM

Does your truck run noticebly different with the code? Mine seems to be runnin fine but I still have the code to deal with thanks
Old 04-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

it's actually not my truck. i'm a tech and it's one of my problem child's. but i traced it down to the IDM and the injector. swaped connectors using jumper wires on injector 2 and 4 instead of having to swap the actual injectors to see if the code followed. code followed so that means injector is bad. but also had the same code as before which i believe is in the idm. i'll let ya know what happends after the parts get here and the work is done. i also got another 7.3 sittin out side with the same p1272 code so i think these IDM are known for that.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

replacee injectors 2 and 4 and problem/code went away. truck runs like a champ...
Old 04-20-2012, 05:05 PM

I had a modded idm and wanted to return to stock so I changed my idm (twice now) and now I have had a cylinder 3 open with one and now am at a cylinder 6 open with my newest idm so i dunno?! Gonna play with it this weekend but congrats on your success!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.