Serving Our Country!
Join Date: Oct 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Crank, no start
Truck has been sitting for about a week. Started it today and drove it for about 3 minutes around the yard. Stopped, started back up and put it in the parking spot. Came back out to try to crank it and it just spins. Wait to start light came on. I noticed there was oil pressure building as it spun over. Also noticed the battery light would stay on then flash two times slowly then go off then come back on.
Unplugged the EOT sensor and it started right up. Turned it off and restarted. Plugged EOT back in and it wouldn't start. Changed out the EOT and fired up 3 times in a row. Drove it around, stopping twice and it fired off with on hesitation. Get to the driveway, turned it off, went to turn it back on and just spins.
Unplugged the new EOT and still nothing (WTS light was on the first two times). Checked oil, it was low so added about 1.5 quarts. Also noticed no oil pressure building and also the oil light next to the OP gauge is lit up, don't remember that from before. No check engine lights while I was driving.
***** FIXED ******
We believe it was the relay under the hood for the PCM. We have changed it out and we will see what happens. Here is a list of what occured:
1. Truck would crank (spin) but never start (fire) randomly.
2. Wait to start light would come on and all of the dash lights would come as normal and the truck would start. If the Wait to Start light did not come on or only for a brief second (as if it were warm) AND the Service Engine Soon Light would come on and go out immediately the truck would crank but not start.
3. I have an aftermarket CD player in my truck. If the radio (FM/AM) was on the last time you shut it off and the PCM would lose connection on the next crank, the CD player would start playing and not the radio like it should.
4. Happened when it was hot or cold.
5. Computer showed a control module keep alive memory error code. Could have been attributed to me unhooking the batteries or maybe the relay, but something to be aware of. After it was cleared no other error codes ever showed up.
6. Computer randomly could not communicate with PCM.
7. Computer ran self-tests on truck and never came up with anything wrong.
Mods: Nitto Trail Grapplers, Diamo 17 Karat wheels, Red-head Steering box, Autometer gauges, Tru-Cool #4739 trans cooler, BFxenon HID lights
'03 Mustang GT
Mods: A bunch. --> Clicky
Last edited by merc123; 04-16-2012 at 08:00 AM.