Died, started, no power P1670 & P1211 codes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 04:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Died, started, no power P1670 & P1211 codes

I have a 2001 Excursion 7.3. It has around 138k on the odo. I have has the O-rings on the HPOP go out while on a long trip (89k on the odo). Had a shop in Wyoming replace the seals/o-rings and haven't had the problem since. Occasionally over the last couple of years it periodically would die when you got off the power and coasted as when approaching a red light. No "service engine soon" light. It would fire right back up and run normally. I have moved around a bit over the years and finally a recall notice hit my mail box for the CPS. I read on here that it would cause the engine to die, so figured I had better take it in. Still haven't. Today rolling down the off ramp after a 40 minute freeway drive (70MPH), it died. Didn't want to start. Finally kicked over but NO POWER and rough, surging idle. No "service engine soon" light. I limped it into the gas station parking lot (2mph max). Figured it was the CPS. Ford was closed. Picked up a NAPA/Belkin unit. Put it in. It fired but the engine was surging still at idle, "Rump rump rump rump" and the engine sounded like it was "nailing" more that usual. The rig is stock stock stock. No modifiers whatsoever. I drained the fuel bowl and replaced the filter (WIX). Let the elec pump run to fill the bowl back up before starting but still more of the same rough idle and no power. I unhooked the battery and depressed the brake pedal a bunch of times trying to reset the PCM (ecu) just in case. Still surges and still no power and won't rev up but now has the service engine soon light on. Bought an OBDII code reader. Throws codes P1670 (electronic feedback signal not detected) and P1211 (electronic control pressure beyond desired). Where do I go from here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 06:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
First, our trucks aren't really OBD-II. You can't use a generic scanner and pull All the codes or rely on it for diagnosing.

Have a look at this video, see if it sounds like your problem.....

http://www.youtube.com/v/GHwjEfJtM_g&hl
Old 03-04-2012, 06:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the link. That gives me some real info I can use.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Rig was in a gas only station parking lot. Visually checked for any electrical connection/harness issues. Nothing obvious. Got it started. Unplugged the MAP sensor and was able to nurse it up to 35mph and got it home. The RH exhaust manifold is only warm to the touch. The LH side was too hot to leave my hand on it. I will check the RH side UVCH this week as time permits.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Turned out to be IPR related.

I finally had time and a ride to drop it off at the Dealer. Took the tech about an hours to find a problem and formulate the solution and give me a call. It was a problem with the IPR (Injector Pressure Regulator sensor). Seems that the o-ring had a leak that let oil leak out the top and run down the sensor and onto the connector and harness... The replaced the sensor and the harness. Runs like a top. Still need to replace my leaky water pump and my deteriorated front axle outer seals at least it runs very well. This also seems to have fixed our hard to start after sitting all night (25F to 40F) if the heater was not plugged in. 38 this morning and starterd right up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.