I need water pump/hose help ASAP - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 04:08 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I need water pump/hose help ASAP

Without going into a lot of details I work in the automotive parts world and I am having trouble locating the right pump for a customer. They have a 2001 F350. I sent them the new pump that I keep in stock like always but for some reason its not working. The water outlet that comes with my pump is curved at about 90 degrees. They are saying the outlet on the pump they have comes straight out and doesnt curve at all. The one on there old pump is rusty and they can't reuse it. There hose won't work with my pump. I ordered them a hose for this morning but I'm not sure if it is going to work with the new pump or not?? The only difference I can figure is the truck does have dual alternators on it. I see a difference in the top hose but I show the same bottom hose to fit. Can anyone help me for this and for future trucks I may run into
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2012, 04:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Give them the dual alternator upper hose. It's better than the single.
The pump should be normal. The lower hose is in two sections. A rubber section, then a hard section that bolts to the pump.
Master Pro Select Water Pump CP4114 - Water Pump | O'Reilly Auto Parts
This is the perfect pic. Shows the pump, the hard lower portion that bolts to it too. Then the lower rubber hose clamps onto it. And the upper hose attaches to the thermo housing.
I've never seen any different. I bet it's a misunderstanding.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:36 AM

That is the pump I sold them. Like you said I've sold dozens of that number and NEVER had an issue. But they are saying the hard part of the hose isn't what they have, there original pump has a straight outlet right there. Hopefully the new lower hose will work. I'll know shortly.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:29 AM

So according to ford they show a different lower radiator hose for a truck with dual alternators. Which crossing over to Gates is a 22434. The one I was showing was a 22690. They also show a straight hose outlet instead of the one pictured above. So I've got the outlet coming from ford and the hose from another store so keep your fingers crossed!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 02:09 PM

Didn't know there were different lower outlets as well. Does their truck actually have duals?
Old 02-15-2012, 04:47 PM

I have an 01 350 with dual alts. It does not have the metal 90 on the bottom. The hose is longer and makes the same bend. Not sure why the difference, it follows the same path and doesn't interfere with the second alt., which is on the opposite side anyway. My other 7.3s have the pump as pictured above.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandmary View Post
I have an 01 350 with dual alts. It does not have the metal 90 on the bottom. The hose is longer and makes the same bend. Not sure why the difference, it follows the same path and doesn't interfere with the second alt., which is on the opposite side anyway. My other 7.3s have the pump as pictured above.
Exactly. That's just what doesn't make sense to me.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesilvas View Post
Didn't know there were different lower outlets as well. Does their truck actually have duals?
Yeah it has duals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandmary View Post
That is what I dont understand. If it routes the same why is there a difference? I mean I understand the top hose being different, but the bottom one?

Here is what I dont understand. The hose on the truck to begin with would not work with the waterpump with the metal 90 on it. So if all trucks(excluding dual alt.) come with the metal 90 and there is no routing issues, then the hose that everyone lists for the truck should work with the metal 90 right? Wrong. The hose I show would not work on this truck with the metal 90. That is a 22690 gates. Pictured below.

So I called ford and they list a different hose for a dual alt. That crosses to a 22434 Gates. Pictured below.

But you would think to use this part number you would need to use the straight metal outlet right?? Wrong, this hose worked with the 90 degree metal outlet. Why? I dont know or understand. And for future reference this is the other style metal outlet that apparently comes on trucks with dual alternators.

I ordered one from Ford yesterday just in case I needed it for the customer and if not to keep on the shelf for the future. The part number on it is 1c3z8592aa.

Hopefully this thread will help someone in the future or someone can make it more clear on the differences because honestly I'm still pretty dang confused
Old 02-16-2012, 09:34 AM

Because they could?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.