P1316 & P1000 code - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 06:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
P1316 & P1000 code

Had the P1316 code. Pulled drivers valve cover yesterday and checked/qtr. shimmed vch. Reconnected batteries yesterday and got P0603 and still P1316. Was going to do passenger side today and checked codes prior to and still get a P0603 & now a P1000 now, but P1316 not showing? Batteries are 2 mos. old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2012, 07:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Here's the deal with the 603 & the 1000, it hapens because you disconnected the battery and you can just ignore them...

The 1361 is there just to tell you that there are IDM codes stored. Not that it points to a specific problem. There are codes that Are specific but you need special equipment to retrieve them from the IDM. The next step is to get the right equipment connected and do a "buzz-test" and find what the IDM is trying to tell you

What are you using to retrieve codes? You need an AutoEnginuity, Snap-On, Ford, or other professional scanner. You may have fixed the problem already OR driving it will make the 1316 come back. I'd be tempted to do the other side too in any case,,,,
Old 02-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I am getting the codes using my Superchips Flashpaq tuner. I still get the SES lite, though no 1316 code. Drove it and still get the shudder/vibration.

If it's related to disconnecting the battery, why after removing codes do they come back even though battery hasn't been disconnected again?
Old 02-07-2012, 10:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

in my 00 f550 im having a p1316 issue also.. just had FFD 160cc injectors, turbo, and dp tuner installed.. once the injectors were installed the code started throwing
Old 02-07-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flf250 View Post
I am getting the codes using my Superchips Flashpaq tuner. I still get the SES lite, though no 1316 code. Drove it and still get the shudder/vibration.

If it's related to disconnecting the battery, why after removing codes do they come back even though battery hasn't been disconnected again?
OK first, that Superchips thing isn't what you need to really diagnose your problem (especially an IDM issue) find someone with a Real scanner if you want to know what codes you have....

Here's what those two codes are all about;

P0603-KAM Memory Loss (KAM = KeepAliveMemory, basically RAM that's been cleared by the power loss.)

P1000-OBD II Monitor Checks Incomplete, More Driving Required. (I've never seen this on my truck, I think it's what Superchips mis-applies to your diesel. It's basically saying the "drive" parameters have not yet been met to check the PCM for emissions (at least that's what I've seen on gas vehicles)).

BOTH those codes will go away on their own after awhile. I don't believe either will set the SES light ON though.

Again, hard to do real diagnosis without real tools. Find someone with the right scanner (Auto Parts stores don't have them, you need to find somewhere that does...)
Old 02-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks. Will get it to shop for real tools.

Initially had 1316 code so checked vch. Driver side was ok. Checking passenger tomorrow. Not seeing 1316 code after reassembly yesterday. Could I still have a 1316 code issue triggering the 1000 code, which is why the SES is on and just not showing the 1316 due to the 1000 code?
Old 02-07-2012, 03:52 PM

I'm afraid I just don't know for sure, I don't think so though....

The KAM and the "unsatisfied" OBD cycle shouldn't set the light at all so, I suspect, you may have other codes present that the S/C isn't reading for you. A buzz test would tell you a lot (as to the condition of those UVCH plugs) and then prompt the IDM to produce any other IDM related codes too.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Pulled the passenger cover. Sure enough, out about 1/4". Shimmed, reassembled and running fine. No SES lite, but still have P0603 and P1000 codes, which I know will eventually go away.

Thanks for the input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.