No Start No WTS Light and I Need This Fixed Now - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 08:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry No Start No WTS Light and I Need This Fixed Now

Ok here's my deal. Got some snow the other day finally and just my luck 2 hours into plowing someone ran me off the rd and I sideswiped a telephone pole. Pas side is pretty mangled so I parked it in the driveway for the time being while I tried to find some used doors (800 from the dealer wtfff) Long story short it sat for only a few days and suddenly won't start. It's a 1999 F350 crew cab short bed 7.3 with a PowerHungry Performance chip. Just about 190000 on the odometer and runs like a champ. I never had any problems with it until this. Suddenly just won't start. I'm getting no WTS light at all and engine light IS on. I don't here the fuel running when I turn key to on so I'm thinking to start there. I have read something about fuse #30 but I have no clue which fuse is which as I have no label on the cover to the fuse box. Fairly new to the diesel scene so please please help me. I need to get this thing started ASAP. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2012, 09:51 AM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

hey bud. should be an easy fix. first, pull the chip to alleviate any problems with the chip....see if you get the WTS light.

if not, then the number 30 fuse is on the lower left hand side of the fuse box. just to be sure, you could pull all of them and make sure another one hasnt blown. the fuel pump is turned on by the computer in the truck so thats why you wouldnt hear the pump running. the #30 fuse controls the computer and other stuff,and has the fuel bowl heater on the circuit.

the fuel boowl heater is the plug thats on the back side of the fuel bowl at the bottom. its a white plug IIRC. pull that plug and leave it unhooked and replace the fuse and see if that corrects your problem. fuel bowl heater has been unplugged form mine for over 3 years and I havent seen the need for it. colder climates might need it more. you can find a used fuel bowl assemble and just swap in the new bowl and be done with it, or you can replace the heater. I dont think its that hard.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hey man thanks for getting back to me. Pulled the chip still nothing. All fuses are good. Unplugged the fuel bowl heater to bypass that and still nothing. Even reset the fuel shutoff, not that. When I pulled the chip I noticed that the PCM was loose as hell basically just flopping around but the bolt under the hood that holds it on is tight as balls. Really at a loss with this any further help would be awesome. Thanks again.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
Hey man thanks for getting back to me. Pulled the chip still nothing. All fuses are good. Unplugged the fuel bowl heater to bypass that and still nothing. Even reset the fuel shutoff, not that. When I pulled the chip I noticed that the PCM was loose as hell basically just flopping around but the bolt under the hood that holds it on is tight as balls. Really at a loss with this any further help would be awesome. Thanks again.
PCM should NOT be loose... I would remove it and check the connection.

And when you check the fuses, are you removing them? I would double-check them all.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Smile

Got it! Took the PCM out and cleaned all the connectors. None of them were corroded or grimy but it worked. Popped it back in WTS light came on and she fired right up. Thanks for all the help guys
Old 01-29-2012, 11:34 AM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

yep, glad you got her fixed
Old 01-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
Good news, hope she stays that way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.