Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Bad Pushrod!!!

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  SCUFFY828 
#1 ·
Ok i am working on my buddies repo truck a 02 7.3 with lovely cali emission:doh:,,, Im doin glow plugs,gaskets,controller and harnesses b/c shorted glow plug fried the module... I noticed it had a popping noise coming from the exhuast so when i pulled the valve cover i found an exhuast valve rocker arm tapping the oil baffel on the left cover. I pulled the rocker last night and the push rod ends look find the on the bottom it looks like it was beating against the head gasket. Anyone ever seen this before? I just got a new pushrod and wanted to ask before i just put it back in

#2 ·
id wonder what the lifter looked like , ive seen a couple where the snap ring had popped out the top of the lifter allowing the push rod to push to far up , may be hard to see , but i would take a look anyway and make sure , other than that make sure the rocker arm isnt cracked

#3 ·
Rocker is perfect and i looked down at the lifter with my boroscope and the snap ring is in and looks fine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.